Automobile Insurance

If you have been involved in an automobile accident you may be entitled to compensation by the negligent party's insurance company.  If that party is uninsured or underinsured, you may also be entitled to compensation from your own insurance company, depending on your policy.  In either case, you should never proceed with a negligence claim or discuss your claim with an insurance adjuster without first obtaining legal advice.  Insurance companies often try to prematurely entice settlements with injured parties, which in the long run, can cause your case to be significantly undervalued. 

Don't ever assume that if you are in an accident the negligent party will have adequate insurance coverage to compensate you for all your injuries.  The California minimum requirement for liability coverage is only $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.  Additionally, statistics in California show that almost 25% of the cars and drivers on the road today are uninsured.  You can protect yourself by purchasing adequate auto insurance that includes uninsured and underinsured motorist's coverage. Keep in mind that you purchase liability insurance in case you injure or cause property damage to someone else, but you carry uninsured and underinsured motorist insurance coverage to protect yourself.